Mexican CasseroleSubmitted by: FRENCHIFAL
IntroductionThis quick-and-easy casserole is one of my all-time favorites. This quick-and-easy casserole is one of my all-time favorites.
1/2 bag baked tortilla chips
2 cups shredded taco cheese
1 jar salsa
2 cans black beans
1 can corn
(in place of salsa, corn, and black beans, I usually make my own corn and black bean salsa with kamut, see recipe)
2. Crush tortilla chips and form a thin layer on bottom of 9 X 13 casserole dish (you only want enough to cover the bottom).
3. Using mixed black beans and corn, cover tortilla chips with a thin layer. Spoon salsa on top, then cover with a thin layer of cheese. Carefully press down and into sides of casserole dish.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to form a second layer of all ingredients.
5. Cover casserole with aluminum foil (shiny side down). Bake for 40-45 minutes. DO NOT TURN OFF OVEN!
6. Remove foil and then back 5-10 more minutes (until cheese is golden-brown and bubbling). Serve immediately. *This casserole is even better the second/third time you eat it. Plan for leftovers!
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FRENCHIFAL.