- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 242.9
- Total Fat: 7.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 860.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 10.3 g
- Protein: 13.2 g
Braised White Beans with Swiss ChardSubmitted by: RAD062010
th-chard (could not find nutritional breakdown there). http://www.chow.com/recipes/14
th-chard (could not find nutritional breakdown there).
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
* 5 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
* 4 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 pound Swiss chard, stems removed, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced crosswise (about 4 to 6 cups)
* 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth (or veggie broth for vegetarian)
* 6 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
* 1 tsp kosher salt (or more to taste)
* 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or a large, heavy-bottomed pot with a tight fitting lid over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, add onion and garlic, season with freshly ground black pepper, and stir to combine. Cook until onion and garlic are golden brown, about 4 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium low and add beans, chard, and broth. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until chard is tender and broth is thick, about 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in parsley, salt, and vinegar. Season with additional freshly ground black pepper as desired.
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user RAD062010.