- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 626.7
- Total Fat: 42.4 g
- Cholesterol: 131.8 mg
- Sodium: 875.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 49.5 g
Cheese N Chili Chops with Cauliflower SaladSubmitted by: GIJOEBRO
IntroductionThis is a low-carb meal from the Atkins plan. A sure-fire winner with kids. Read nutrition labels before you buy salsa: carb grams per serving vary greatly. This salad is also great made with bright green broccoflower, a hybrid of cauliflower and broccoli. For variety, add two sliced hard-boiled eggs.
This is a low-carb meal from the Atkins plan. A sure-fire winner with kids. Read nutrition labels before you buy salsa: carb grams per serving vary greatly. This salad is also great made with bright green broccoflower, a hybrid of cauliflower and broccoli. For variety, add two sliced hard-boiled eggs.
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
salt and pepper
4 boneless center-cut pork chops (about 1 pound)
1/4 cup tomato salsa
1/2 can (4.5 ounces) diced green chilies, drained
1 teaspoon cumin
1/3 cup grated Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 medium head cauliflower, broken into small florets
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
3 scallions, chopped (3 tablespoons)
1 jalapeρo pepper, very finely chopped (2 tablespoons) or chopped green bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season chops with salt and pepper. Brown chops about 2 minutes per side.
2. Combine salsa, chilies and cumin in a bowl. Pour mixture over chops. Reduce heat to low, cover skillet and simmer chops 5 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Mix cheeses in a bowl. Divide cheese mixture over chops, cover and cook 1 minute, just until cheese melts.
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add cauliflower and cook until tender-crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water; pat dry.
2. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard. Add cauliflower, scallions, jalapeno, salt and black pepper. Mix well until vegetables are evenly coated with dressing. Chill at least 30 minutes for flavors to blend. (Can be made ahead. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 24 hours.) Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GIJOEBRO.