Chile Lime Tortilla Chips
This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionGreat alternative to regular fried potato chips! Great alternative to regular fried potato chips!
- nonfat cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8" diameter)
- chile powder, to taste
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine lime peel, lime juice, chile pepper, oil, and honey, and stir thoroughly.
3. Using a pastry brush, brush tortillas with the lime mixture.
4. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut tortillas into 12 wedges. Place wedges on a single layer on cookie sheet and sprinkle with chile powder to desired amount.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Reprinted with permission by Public Health - Seattle & King County