- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 417.1
- Total Fat: 15.3 g
- Cholesterol: 123.6 mg
- Sodium: 1,248.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 13.3 g
Waffles from America's Test KitchenSubmitted by: PURPLELIZ421
* 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon cornmeal (optional)
* 1/2 teaspoon table salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 egg , separated
* 7/8 cup buttermilk
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
* 2. Beat egg white until it just holds a 2-inch peak.
* 3. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients in a thin steady stream while gently mixing with a rubber spatula; be careful not to add liquid faster than you can incorporate it. Toward end of mixing, use a folding motion to incorporate ingredients; gently fold egg white into batter.
* 4. Spread appropriate amount of batter onto waffle iron. Following manufacturer’s instructions, cook waffle until golden brown, 2 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately. (You can keep waffles warm on a wire rack in a 200-degree oven for up to 5 minutes.)
Makes two waffles (which can be broken up into eight smaller sections). Nutritional info is based one larger waffle.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PURPLELIZ421.