Beef Weigh-not-a-tonSubmitted by: MAMASUDS
IntroductionI love beef wellington and know that the puff pastry isn't a healthy choice by any means, but I was looking for a way to thin it down and remove the mushrooms for the picky eaters in the family. I love beef wellington and know that the puff pastry isn't a healthy choice by any means, but I was looking for a way to thin it down and remove the mushrooms for the picky eaters in the family.
1 kilo beef tenderloin
1 pkg puff pastry (400 gr)
1 cup frozen spinach
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup grated carrots
1 Tbs coconut oil
1 Tbs salt-free beef bouillon
2 tsp Mrs. Dash original blend
1 egg white
0) lay out pastry dough sheets to thaw
1) Preheat over to 425 degrees F. Place beef in small lined baking dish. Bake for 10 to minutes or until browned. Remove from pan. Reserve pan juices.
2) Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion, spinach and carrots in oil for 5 minutes. Stir in Mrs. Dash and beef bouillon.
4) Form dough into desired size and shape for the beef being used.
5) Spread dough with vegetable mixture
6) Place beef in the center. Fold up and seal all the edges using egg white where necessary.
7) Place beef back in baking dish, cut a few slits in the top of the dough, and brush with egg white.
8) Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 425 degrees F for 10 to 15 more minutes, or until pastry is a rich, golden brown.
9) Remove from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
10) Heat juices over high heat, adding beef bouillon and water for desired quantitiy and taste. Served on the side for dipping.
Serve with whole grain red rice and steamed brocoli.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MAMASUDS.