Biscuits, Baking PowderSubmitted by: LIMASTAR
IntroductionEasy to make biscuits. These are roll out biscuits. If you want to make them into drop biscuits, just increase the milk by 1/3 Cup and drop by teaspoonful onto a baking sheet Easy to make biscuits. These are roll out biscuits. If you want to make them into drop biscuits, just increase the milk by 1/3 Cup and drop by teaspoonful onto a baking sheet
3 Cups (360gm) Flour
2 Tbsps Baking Powder
0.5 tsp Salt
0.75 tsp Cream of Tartar
4 tsp Sugar
10 Tbsp Shortening
1 Cup 1% Low Fat Milk
2. Cut the shortening into the flour mixture.
3. All the milk all at once and stir just enough until dough ball forms.
4. Turn dough outonto a lightly floured board and knead about 14 times.
5. Pat dough out to 0.50 inch thickness.
6. Cut into rounds with a 3 inch cookie cutter.
5. Place biscuits on baking sheet touching each other.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Bake in a preheated 425â„‰ oven for 20 minutes. Depending on your oven, check after about 15 minutes. For my oven, the biscuits are done in about 15 minutes.
The salt is high for the original recipe, so when I make these biscuits, I do not add salt. Salt will come from the baking powder.
Makes 14 Biscuits
Number of Servings: 14
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LIMASTAR.