Cauliflower MacSubmitted by: WEYRCAT
IntroductionMy version of the Runner's Mag Creamy Cauliflower Mac.
er-mac.html My version of the Runner's Mag Creamy Cauliflower Mac.
2 tabs chicken bouillon in 1 cup water
1 cauliflower, cored and cut into large pieces
4-5 Salad peppers (smaller than regular Bell peppers)
8 ounces whole-wheat pasta (Rotini)
1.5 cup shredded sharp cheddar
1 tablespoon mustard
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Salt and black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup whole-grain bread crumbs
2. Steam til soft the pared down head of cauli (I nuked mine 3min, flipped, 3min.) And prep bouillon water.
2. Process the cauliflower til granulated. You may do this in batches if need be. Process peppers seperately (add a few tbsp broth for smoothness).
3. Cook your pasta, drain. Then put it in a greased 9*13 baking dish.
4. Process the cauliflower some more with broth, cheese, mustard, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. May take several batches. May put spices in one and then mix throughout with everything but breadcrumbs and half cup of cheddar.
5. Finally, pour this “cauliflower sauce” over the pasta, toss and top it off with the bread crumbs and the rest of the cheese.
6. Bake for 20 minutes then put it on broil for three minutes a crispy top.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WEYRCAT.