Coconut Oil Baba GhanoushSubmitted by: JVANAM
1 large Eggplant
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
2 Garlic cloves
1 1/3 ounces Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
2)Cut the eggplants in half. Score the cut surface of each half from edge to edge in a crosshatch pattern. Appx. 1/2 inch deep.
3) Brush the cut surface with the 1 1/3 oz. of EVCO & Salt and pepper.
4) Place cut side down on a sheet pan. Roast eggplant untill very soft (approx. 45 minutes).
5) Allow the roasted eggplant to cool. Then scoop out the flesh.
6) Pruee the flesh in a food processor with the lemon juice, garlic, tahini, more salt and pepper to taste.
7) In your serving bowl do your final seasoning adjustment. Drizzle the remaining EVCO. Serve with lightly toasted pita wedges.
Number of Servings: 15
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JVANAM.