Quinoa CakesSubmitted by: DERICKH79
IntroductionThis is a great vegetarian crab cake style side dish. My partner found them on Steven and Chris' website. If you like quinoa you'll love these! For a great sauce use the Lemon Yogurt Sauce. This is a great vegetarian crab cake style side dish. My partner found them on Steven and Chris' website. If you like quinoa you'll love these! For a great sauce use the Lemon Yogurt Sauce.
1-1/2 C Quinoa
1-1/2 C Vegetable Broth
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1/2 Onion (chopped)
3 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
3 C Trimmed Fresh Spinach
3 Lrg Eggs
1/4 C Light Parmesan Cheese (grated)
2 Tbsp All-purpose Flour
1-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Lemon Rind (grated)
2) In sauce, bring quinoa broth, and 1-1/2 C of water to boil.
3) Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 15 min.
4) Drain and let cool completely
5) Meanwhile, in skillet, heat 1tbsp of olive oil over medium heat; fry onion, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, appx 4 min.
6) Add Spinach; stirring, until wilted and no liquid remains, appx 3 min.
7) Let cool; chop coarsely.
8)In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, parmesan cheese, flour, baking powder and lemon rind; fold in quinoa and spinach mixture.
9) With wet hands. form into 13 cakes; transfer to wax paper-lined tray.
10) Refridgerate for 1hr.
11) In non-stick skillet, heat half the remaining oil over medium heat; fry half the cakes turning once when golden brown, appx 8 min. Keep warm on baking sheet in 200F/100C oven. Repeat with remaining oil and cakes.
Number of Servings: 13
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DERICKH79.