- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 468.6
- Total Fat: 15.9 g
- Cholesterol: 53.8 mg
- Sodium: 250.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.0 g
- Protein: 31.5 g
Tilapia Baked Manicotti Bundles (Clean Eating Mag)Submitted by: JUS911
IntroductionFrom March 2011 Clean Eating Magazine From March 2011 Clean Eating Magazine
olive oil or cooking spray
3 to 4 green onions
10 lasagna noodles (the recipe calls for whole wheat but I used gluten free)
1 carrot peeled (I used heirloom purple carrots)
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
12 oz tilapia filets
4 oz light cream cheese (I used light ricotta instead)
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 tsp dried dill (I think I used about 2 tbsps!)
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 oz. reduced fat mozzarella
fresh dill for garnish
2. Rinse onions well trim off white tops and discard. Carefully score the connected layers so that you have strands, set aside.
3. Prepare lasagna noodles according to instructions, rinse, set aside. During the last 90 seconds of cooking, add strands of onions to soften then set aside.
4. Grade carrot, set aside.
5. In a large non stick pan, over medium heat, add oil, heat and add tilapia. Shake pan so fish does not stick. Cover and cook for 3 minutes then flip and cook for a minute more or until fish is no longer opaque. Remove from heat.
6. Mix cream cheese (or ricotta) together with milk, dill and salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk constantly until mixture is melted and creamy. Add half of mozzarella in. Stir in carrots and tilapia and remove from heat.
7. Lay lasagna noodles out on a counter top, place 2 tbsp of the mixture at the bottom of the noodle and roll away from you. Make a bundle that stays together without squeezing out the filling. Tie each bundle with an onion layer and place in the pan.
8. Place remaining mozzarella over bundles and top with dill and bake for 25 minutes. (I then broiled these for a few more minutes to make the mozzarella golden brown).
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JUS911.