Eggplant veggie pastaSubmitted by: Y_GHAZALY
Introductionyummy :) serve next to any grilled protein + a light green salad :) yummy :) serve next to any grilled protein + a light green salad :)
* Eggplant, fresh, 450 grams= 3 medium/small
* Olive Oil, 2 tbsp
* Garlic, 1 tsp , minced
* Onions, raw, 1 medium (chopped)
* Mushrooms, canned, 0.5 cup
* Green Peppers (bell peppers), 0.5 cup, chopped
* *Peppers, sweet, red, fresh, 0.5 cup, chopped
* Red Ripe Tomatoes, 2 medium whole, pureed with water in a blender.
* Tomato Paste, 0.125 cup (= 2 tbsp)
* Parmesan Cheese, grated, 0.25 cup
*Kalamata Olives 46 grams (pitted), chopped
*Green Olives, 40 grams (pitted), chopped
*2 tbsp oregano + 1 tsp chilli flakes + 1/2 tsp garlic powder
2- sprinkle with salt & cover with a paper towel, wait for 30 minutes (to drain out fluids + bitterness).
3- rinse from salt then pat dry. Cut into thin strips (like fettucine).
4- saute onions + garlic in oil then add eggplant till browned up.
5- add peppers + mushroom (use more PAM if needed).
6- Add spices + tomato puree+paste.
7- Simmer till thickened up. Add cheese & serve.
makes 2 generous servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user Y_GHAZALY.