- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 117.3
- Total Fat: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 2,087.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
TeeTee's Tantalizing Portobello 'Steaks'Submitted by: TDIGREG
IntroductionThese marinated mushrooms make a scrumptious main dish or side. They are easy to make in the broiler, but can also be made on the grill. These marinated mushrooms make a scrumptious main dish or side. They are easy to make in the broiler, but can also be made on the grill.
4 Portabello Mushrooms (3 - 4 oz)
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
4 tsb Minced Garlic
Steak Sauce to taste
2. In a bowl, mix oil, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar to make the marinade. Set aside.
3. Remove any stems from mushrooms and wipe them down with a damp cloth.
4. Cut (2) 1 - 1 1/2 inch slits in the tops of each mushroom. Use knife to slightly widen the slits.
5. Stuff 1/2 tsb of minced garlic into each slit (its ok if all the garlic doesn't fit).
6. Place mushrooms into a large bowl. Pour marinade on to mushrooms. Set mushrooms aside for about 30 minutes. You can marinate the mushrooms for up to an hour for added flavor.
7. Cover broiler tray with foil. Lightly spray foil surface with cooking spray. Place mushrooms on broiler tray, not touching. Broil for 4 - 6 minutes, or until mushrooms are dark and sizzling.
8. Top each mushroom with a steak sauce - serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe yields 4 mushrooms, which usually serves 2 people.