This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionIt's just like an individual sweet little pizza. The fruit makes it easy to get in some vitamins, too. It's just like an individual sweet little pizza. The fruit makes it easy to get in some vitamins, too.
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split in half
- 1/2 apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 can pineapple chunks, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup berries, fresh or frozen
- 1 banana, sliced
2. Arrange your favorite fruit toppings on the 'crust' in a single layer. (Feel free to substitute other fruit, such as pear, tangerine, peach, or plum slices.)
3. Place pizzas on a baking sheet and bake at 400º F for 10 minutes, or until the pizzas are heated through and the cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings.
Reprinted with permission by Public Health – Seattle & King County