- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 235.9
- Total Fat: 7.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.9 mg
- Sodium: 861.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 7.5 g
Polenta with Kale and Sun-dried TomatoesSubmitted by: JULIEIRENE
IntroductionFrom the Whole Foods Website From the Whole Foods Website
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
8oz Mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
8 Sun-Dried Tomatoes, chopped
1 bunch Kale, stemmed & chopped
18 oz pre-cooked Polenta, cut into 8 rounds
1/4 cup Water
2. Sautee mushrooms until soft, then add in garlic & tomatoes. Sautee about 3 minutes further.
3. Toss in Kale & water. Cover and allow to steam 2 minutes.
4. Give it another stir and re-cover, turning heat to low as kale wilts.
5. In a no-stick or cast-iron skillet, heat the rest of the oil (you can use less here if you prefer)
6. Place the polenta rounds in the heated oil and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
Serve by placing 2 polenta rounds on a plate and topping with 1/4 of the kale/tomato mixture and about 1 Tbsp of shredded parmesan cheese.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JULIEIRENE.