Red Beans and Rice wrapsSubmitted by: GAMECOX
IntroductionThis is a variation of a recipe from Cooking Light This is a variation of a recipe from Cooking Light
1 can Light Kidney Beans (15oz) rinsed and drained
1 package of 90 second brown rice (8.8oz)
3/4 cup of chopped onions
3oz sliced mushrooms
1 can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies (11oz)
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
4 - whole wheat 8in tortilla's (100calorie)
1. In a skillet over med/high heat add oil, onion, and mushrooms.
2. Prepare rice by package directions.
3. Add tomatoes w/ green chilies to skillet, bring to boiling.
4. Add cumin, rice and beans. Cook to heat through and reduce the liquid. Stir often.
5. Remove from heat and divide into four equal parts.
5. Warm tortillas, then spooon 1/4 mixture into each tortilla.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GAMECOX.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Very good recipe. I didn't serve mine on tortillas because I'm experimenting with a low gluten diet. However I did add cheese to it and it gave it a nice creamy texture. Also when I heated up the oil I added crushed red pepper flakes. - 7/7/11
Reply from GAMECOX (10/14/11)
Yum! Nice variations~!!