Lauren's Blueberry MuffinsSubmitted by: LAUREN9767
IntroductionUsed apple sauce instead of oil & they came out just great! Used apple sauce instead of oil & they came out just great!
1 cup unsweetened blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 3/4 cups Hecker’s Whole Wheat flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup Musselman's Home Style Natural Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1/2 cup Farmland Dairies Special Request Skim Plus Milk
1 teaspoon sugar
2. Wash and drain blueberries. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder and 1/3 cup sugar together.
4. In a small bowl, whisk egg, apple sauce and milk.
5. Pour entire mixture into dry ingredients. Stir just enough to blend.
6. Gently fold in blueberries.
7. Pour batter into prepared muffin tins, distributing evenly. I use a cookie scoop.
8. Sprinkle lightly with 1 teaspoon sugar
9. Bake until light brown; 15 - 17 minutes.
10. Allow muffins to cool 2 minutes before removing from pan.
Serving Size: Makes 12 large muffins
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LAUREN9767.