Pumpkin & White Bean SoupSubmitted by: MYSHELLE10
IntroductionQuick and easy for Fall Quick and easy for Fall
* 1 sprays olive oil cooking spray, or enough to coat pot
* 1 medium onion(s), coarsely chopped
* 15 oz canned pumpkin
* 3 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
* 15 1/2 oz canned white beans, rinsed and drained
* 1/4 tsp ground oregano
* 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
* 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
* 6 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese-- optional-- not included in the calculations.
* Coat a large soup pot with cooking spray and set over medium-low heat. Add onion, cover and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
* Stir in pumpkin, broth, beans and oregano; simmer 8 minutes.
* In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. (Note: Make sure not to overfill blender in order to avoid splattering.) Return soup to pot and reheat; season with salt and pepper.
* To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon of grated cheese. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
Makes 6 servings
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MYSHELLE10.