Pumpkin SouffleSubmitted by: MYSHELLE10
IntroductionGreat tasting, and the cream cheese adds a bit of Great tasting, and the cream cheese adds a bit of
* 2 Tbsp sugar
* 15 oz canned pumpkin, puree
* 1 Tbsp cornstarch
* 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
* 4 oz Neufchatel cheese, softened
* 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
* 1 tsp ground ginger
* 3 large egg(s), separated
* 1 large egg white(s)
* 1/3 cup sugar
* Heat oven to 350ÂșF. Coat a 2 1/2-quart soufflĂ© dish with cooking spray, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Over medium heat, cook pumpkin until no longer steaming, about 8 minutes. Mix together cornstarch and evaporated milk, whisk into pumpkin. Bring to boil; remove from heat and cool.
* Beat Neufchatel with pumpkin pie spice and ginger; beat in yolks to combine. Beat in cooled pumpkin mixture.
* Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add remaining 1/3 cup sugar one tablespoon at a time until stiff. In three additions, fold whites into pumpkin mixture. Pour into prepared dish. Bake until puffed and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.
Makes 8 servings
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MYSHELLE10.