- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 250.8
- Total Fat: 6.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 1,520.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.1 g
- Protein: 7.8 g
Tomato, Chickpea, and Spelt SoupSubmitted by: POKYTURTLE
IntroductionThis is a stovetop recipe adapted for the slow-cooker. Its a flavorful, hearty yet light, delicious meal great for dipping French bread in. This is a stovetop recipe adapted for the slow-cooker. Its a flavorful, hearty yet light, delicious meal great for dipping French bread in.
* Diced Tomatoes, 42 oz (3 cans)
* Onions, raw, 1 medium (2-1/2" dia)
* Carrots, raw, 1 large (7-1/4" to 8-1/2" long)
* Celery, raw, 1 large branch
* Chickpeas (garbanzo beans), 1.75 cup
* Garlic, 4 cloves diced
* Vegetable Broth, 5.25 cup (3 14oz cans)
* Whole Spelt Kernels, 1 cup
* Cumin, 1.5 tsp
* Paprika, 3 tsp
* Black Pepper, 1 tsp
* Bay leaves, 3 whole leaves
* Salt, 1.25 tsp
* Olive Oil, 3 tbsp
2.) In a pan, heat olive oil, garlic, onions, carrots, and celery on medium for 5 minutes or until caramelized.
3.) Poor the hot contents of the pan into an empty slow cooker and add ALL remaining ingredients.
4.) Set the slower cooker on low and leave for 8 hours (or on high for 4-6 hours).
5.) Eat and enjoy! =D
Serving Size:┬ámakes 8 bowls with about 2.5 cups of soup each
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user POKYTURTLE.