Meringue Disks : 2 ServingsSubmitted by: KARENSUEBURTON
IntroductionSaw this one on Rachel Ray. Wonderful little treat or a breakfast on the go. Half a recipe packs more protein than a bowl of oatmeal for only 124 calories. Saw this one on Rachel Ray. Wonderful little treat or a breakfast on the go. Half a recipe packs more protein than a bowl of oatmeal for only 124 calories.
3 egg whites, at room temperature
4 T. sugar
1/2 t. vanilla (optional)
2. Line 2 cookie sheets with aluminum foil.
3. In a clean, small bowl, whip the egg whites until they peak. This can be done in a food processor, with a mixer or a hand whisk.
4. Blend the sugar in a blender for a few minutes until it is very fine.
5. Gradually add the sugar to the egg whites, while continuing to beat the egg whites about another 5 minutes.
6. Fold in vanilla, if using.
7. Drop flat, small drops of egg white on the cookie sheets, about the size of a quarter. This can be done with a piping bag or with 2 teaspoons.
8. Bake 60 minutes. Test for doneness by peeling back a corner of the tin foil. Disk should peel off, and should be firm and crispy.
9. Turn the oven off and let them cool in the oven as the oven cools.
10. Peel disks off tin foil and store until ready to use.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KARENSUEBURTON.