Delicious Banana MuffinsSubmitted by: JKAPLAN86
IntroductionYou'll never guess the secret ingredient! You'll never guess the secret ingredient!
* Nonstick cooking spray
* 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/2 cup firmly packed light/dark brown sugar
* 1/4 cup applesauce
* 2 large egg whites
* 1.5 cups banana puree
* 1/2 cup cauliflower puree
* 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 cup firmly packed light/dark brown sugar
* In a bowl or a zipper-lock bag, mix the flowers with the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
* In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar and applesauce with a wooden spoon, until well combined. Mix in the egg whites, banana and cauliflower purees, and vanilla. Add the flower mixture and mix just until combined.
* In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar and cinnamon (for topping).
* Evenly distribute the batter in the muffin cups. Sprinkle the topping on top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the topping is a golden brown, around 30 minutes. Turn the muffins out on a rack to cool. Eat warm or cold.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JKAPLAN86.