- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 302.3
- Total Fat: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 149.4 mg
- Sodium: 1,241.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 23.6 g
LPW's Festive Shrimp & Yellow RiceSubmitted by: LPWILLIAMS1
IntroductionThis is an easy dish to prepare and very versatile. I had frozen peas and a red pepper on hand but you could easily switch out the veggies for others you have. Great way to use up items in your fridge. This is an easy dish to prepare and very versatile. I had frozen peas and a red pepper on hand but you could easily switch out the veggies for others you have. Great way to use up items in your fridge.
1 lb. of pealed shrimp no tails
1 red bell pepper
1 12 oz. Steam In bag frozen peas
3 cups chicken broth, fat free and lower sodium
Vigo Saffron Yellow Rice (or any brand will do)
3 cloves garlic minced
Non-stick cooking spray
• While rice is cooking peal the shrimp. (I prefer no tails, but do what you like.)
• When rice has about 10 minutes to go, add 1/4 cup of chicken broth in non-stick pan and sauté the red bell pepper strips. Cook on med-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until done to your liking. Place in bowl off to the side.
• Cook steam In bag of peas in microwave. Follow directions on bag.
• Spray same skillet with cooking spray, add 1/4 cup of chicken broth and garlic. Sauté for a couple of minutes on med-high heat but do not let garlic burn.
• Add shrimp and cook until pink. Again, do not over cook or shrimp will be rubbery.
• In a large bowl combine rice, peas, shrimp and red pepper. Mix everything together and serve hot.
Serving Size: Makes 6 1-1/2 cup servings
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LPWILLIAMS1.