Chicken EnchiladasSubmitted by: JASONES
IntroductionThe sauce recipe is from Allrecipes.com - Ten minute enchilada sauce The sauce recipe is from Allrecipes.com - Ten minute enchilada sauce
4 Cups cooked/shredded chicken
1 1/2 cup shredded cheese (colby jack or cheddar)
6 inch flour tortillas
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
* 2 Tbls chili powder - can adjust for more heat
* 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
* 1 1/2 cups water
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
* salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in flour and chili powder, reduce heat to medium, and cook until lightly brown, stirring constantly to prevent burning flour.
2. Gradually stir in tomato sauce, water, cumin, garlic powder, and onion salt into the flour and chili powder until smooth, and continue cooking over medium heat approximately 10 minutes, or until thickened slightly. Season to taste with salt.
After sauce is prepared mix 2/3 sauce with chicken , 1 cup of cheese and onion.
Place chicken mixture on tortilla, roll up and place in a baking dish. Continue until all mixture has been used. Makes approx. 24 enchiladas. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly and enjoy.
Serving Size: Makes 24 enchiladas
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JASONES.