Pumpkin Pie PancakesSubmitted by: KELLYHCWONG
1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 cup milk (or buttermilk if you prefer)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (or butternut squash)
2. Mix the milk, egg, butter and pumpkin puree in another bowl.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients making sure to not over mix.
4. Heat a pan and melt a touch of butter in it.
5. Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and heat until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 6 4-inch pancakes
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KELLYHCWONG.