- Servings Per Recipe: 11
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 179.7
- Total Fat: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 12.4 mg
- Sodium: 368.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
Oatmeal, Yogurt & Cinnamon MuffinsSubmitted by: CINDY_LOU24
IntroductionAmazing Muffins from the Celebrating Cupcakes & Muffins Cookbook. I made them healthier by using 1% Milk & Coconut Oil & adding ground Flaxseed. Amazing Muffins from the Celebrating Cupcakes & Muffins Cookbook. I made them healthier by using 1% Milk & Coconut Oil & adding ground Flaxseed.
1/2 Cup Plain or Vanilla Low Fat Yogurt
1/2 Cup Low Fat 1% Milk
1 Large Organic Egg
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Whole-Wheat Flour
1 Cup Quick Oats
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Ground Flaxseed
Pinch of Salt
2 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Quick Cooking Oats
2. In a large bowl, mix together Yogurt, Milk, Egg & oil. Before combining coconut oil, melt it in the microwave & re-measure. Mix in Brown Sugar.
3. In a different smaller bowl, combine flours, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, flaxseed and salt until combined.
4. Fold flour mixture into yogurt mixture until just blended. Take care not too over mix.
5. Prepare topping. In a small bowl, combine Brown Sugar & Oats.
6. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
7. Sprinkle muffins with topping. Put in oven & bake for approximately 15 minutes.
8. Transfer to wire rack to let cool.
9. Serve warm & enjoy!
Serving Size: 11 regular size muffins or 6 large
Number of Servings: 11
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CINDY_LOU24.