- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 176.8
- Total Fat: 12.9 g
- Cholesterol: 19.9 mg
- Sodium: 231.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 10.1 g
Spinach-Stuffed Baked SalmonSubmitted by: MICHELLE_391
IntroductionI found this in the Walgreen's publication, "Diabetes & You" The original recipe gives a calorie count of 208 a serving. I used Panko crumbs instead of regular old bread crumbs, which might be what is lowering the calorie count here. I found this in the Walgreen's publication, "Diabetes & You" The original recipe gives a calorie count of 208 a serving. I used Panko crumbs instead of regular old bread crumbs, which might be what is lowering the calorie count here.
Olive Oil, 1 tsp
Spinach, fresh, 2 oz
Lemon Zest (Shredded Lemon Peel), 1 tsp
roasted red bell pepper, 1 oz , chopped
Basil, 4 tbsp
Walnuts, 2 oz, chopped
100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cooking Spray
4 pieces of Atlantic Salmon 4 oz each
Dijon Mustard, 6 tsp
Panko Bread Crumbs, 2 tbsp
Ground Oregano 1/2 tsp
Garlic powder 1/2 tsp
Pepper, black 1/2 tsp
2. Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray it with cooking spray.
3. Cut a lengthwise slit in the side of each fillet to make a pocket for the stuffing. Stuff each fillet 1/2 cup spinach mixture into each. Transfer to baking sheet.
4. With a pastry brush, spread the mustard on the top of each fillet.
5. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over the fish
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Serving Size: Makes 4 4-oz servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MICHELLE_391.