Lazy Man's Cabbage RollsSubmitted by: FANGFACEKITTY
IntroductionI never got the hang of making the rolls so I made it into a casserole instead. I use my crock pot but this can be made in the oven as well by cooking for about 1 hour at 350 degrees. I never got the hang of making the rolls so I made it into a casserole instead. I use my crock pot but this can be made in the oven as well by cooking for about 1 hour at 350 degrees.
1 lb lean ground beef, cooked & drained
2 cups baby leaf spinach, coarsely chopped
1 head cabbage, cored & coarsely chopped
1 package low fat ricotta cheese (about 16 oz)
0.5 cups raw white rice
0.5 cups raw brown rice
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 small onion, minced
2 jars pasta sauce (nutrition based on Prego Garlic & Herb)
1 cup beef stock
1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Sauté garlic & onion in olive oil; add ground beef and cook & drain
2. Core & chop cabbage
3. Chop spinach; toss with cabbage
4. Coat inside of crock pot with a nonstick cooking spray 5. In a large bowl mix the beef, ricotta, 1 jar of pasta sauce, rice, basil & oregano, garlic, beef stock.
6. Spread 1/3 of cabbage/spinach into the bottom of the crock pot. Spread 1/2 of beef mixture over the cabbage. Repeat the layers and top with the last 1/3 of cabbage.
7. Pour half of the 2nd jar of pasta sauce on top of the cabbage.
8. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours until the rice is fluffy & the cabbage is tender.