- Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 259.0
- Total Fat: 14.2 g
- Cholesterol: 52.4 mg
- Sodium: 278.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.3 g
- Protein: 15.9 g
Emeril's Perfect Roast ChickenSubmitted by: CAZLINR
IntroductionCould add potatoes or more carrots. Could add potatoes or more carrots.
3 carrots, peeled and cut into thirds
• 3 ribs celery, peeled and cut into thirds
• 3 onions, peeled and cut into quarters
• 1 (3 1/2 to 4 pound) chicken, rinsed and patted dry
• 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
• 2 teaspoons cracked white pepper
• 1 lemon, halved
• 2 fresh bay leaves
• 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
• 4 sprigs rosemary, roughly chopped,
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
2. In a 9 by 13-inch roasting pan, add the carrots, celery and onions. (Use turkey roaster)
3. Season the chicken both inside and out with the kosher salt and white pepper.
4. Squeeze the lemon halves over the chicken and place the rinds inside the cavity.
5. Place the bay leaves inside the cavity.
6. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, rosemary, olive oil and butter.
7. Rub the chicken both inside and out with the garlic rosemary blend and place in the roasting pan.
Serving Size: 3-4 servings
Number of Servings: 3.5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CAZLINR.