Home Made Vegetable SoupSubmitted by: NINETTAS
IntroductionReally great warming soup... Really great warming soup...
Beet greens, cooked, 1 cup
Beets, 3 beets (2" dia, sphere)
Garlic, 4 cloves
Carrots, 4 carrots
Celery, 3 stalks
Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
Red Potatoes, 3
Organic Broth - Fat Free, 3.5 cup
Water, 3.25 cup
1) Grab your soup pot and pour your olive oil in. Put to low-med heat
2) Chop garllic and place in pot
3) Chop celery and place in pot. While chopping the next veggie, the contents should simmering pretty good. Add a little bit of your broth of choice - I used an organic chicken broth.
4) Chop your carrots and potatoes and place in the pot - add the rest of the broth. Add a dash of sea salt, pepper, and onion powder. Keep at medium heat while you wash your beets.
5) Add water to the pot once are are finished preping your beets.
6) Pick off beet leafs and put aside. Peel beets the shred. Place roughly chopped leafs and shredded beats in pot.
7) Cover potand place on minimum heat for 20. Turn heat off and let sit for another 10 minutes.
Very good flavor - comfort food! Mmmmmm.
Serving Size: Makes 10-12 1 cup servings (give or take)
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NINETTAS.