Vegetable FritattaSubmitted by: STACIEK520
IntroductionThis is an easy fritatta that I enjoy with a side of salsa and fresh fruit. The vidalia onion and tomato add a sweetness to this recipe. This is an easy fritatta that I enjoy with a side of salsa and fresh fruit. The vidalia onion and tomato add a sweetness to this recipe.
3 large eggs
3/4 cup egg whites
3/4 cup better n eggs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 medium vidalia onion chopped
2 cans (4 oz) sliced canned mushrooms
1 can del monte diced tomatoes (organic)
1 cup chopped broccoli frozen (chopped when defrosted)
- spray 10 inch skillet pan with pam and put on med-high heat
- add oil and chopped onions to the pan, stirring occasionally until translucent (5-6 minutes)
- add broccoli, mushroom and tomatoes
- cook all ingredients until most of water from vegetables evaporate (about 5-6 minutes)
- while veggies are cooking, mix eggs, egg whites and eggs in a bowl
- add mixed egg mixture to vegetables and stir together until eggs and vegetables incorporate.
- put pan in oven for 20 minutes
- after 20 minutes, shut off oven and keep fritatta in the oven for another 10 minutes (this will help set the middle)
- take pan out of oven and let cool 5 minutes
- slice in 8 (be careful that pan may still be hot)
Serving Size: makes 8 "pie" slices using a 10 inch skillet pan
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user STACIEK520.