- Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 181.7
- Total Fat: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 11.2 mg
- Sodium: 331.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.5 g
- Protein: 11.2 g
Hurst's Spanish American Black Bean SoupSubmitted by: PNICOLET1
1 20 oz package Hurst's HamBeens Black Bean Soup
1 cup onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, diced
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1. After soaking, drain water, add 7 cups of water.
2. Bring beans to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 2 hours.
3. In a skillet, saute ground beef, onion and pepper for about 5 minutes.
4. add mixture to bean pot, simmer uncovered for 1/2 hour.
5. Add contents of seasoning packet. Simmer for an additional 1/2 hour.
Yield: approximately 3 qts. Serves 12-14.
Serving Size: Makes 12-14 Servings
Number of Servings: 14
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PNICOLET1.