Chicken Pasta PrimaveraSubmitted by: JWARD199
IntroductionA light version with whole wheat pasta A light version with whole wheat pasta
* Whole Wheat Pasta, cooked, 4 cup
* Broccoli, fresh, 1 cup, chopped
* Peas, frozen, 0.5 cup
* Carrots, raw, .5 cup, chopped
* Onion, chopped, 2 T
* Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
* Butter, unsalted, 1 tbsp
* *Flour, white, .2 T
* Milk, nonfat, 2 cup
* Parmesan Cheese, grated, .5 cup
* Mozzarella Cheese, part skim milk, 3 oz
* Chicken Breast, no skin, 1.5 breast, bone and skin removed
* Garlic powder
Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Cut up vegetables and set aside.
Heat oil in wok or frying pan. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add vegetables and continue cooking until vegetables are al dente. Add butter and heat until melted. Add flour and stir until vegetables and chicken are coated with flour. Slowly add milk and cook until thickened. Add more milk if necessary. Add the cheeses and continue cooking until melted and sauce is bubbly. Add drained pasta and stir until evenly mixed.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JWARD199.