- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 147.0
- Total Fat: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 22.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.0 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
Green Smoothie: Romaine Lettuce & BananaSubmitted by: VSTOREVIGILANTE
IntroductionMy ease-in to 'green' smoothies... using whatever was lying around my kitchen!
Less than 150cal, less than 1 gram of fat, and lots of nutrients. My ease-in to 'green' smoothies... using whatever was lying around my kitchen!
Less than 150cal, less than 1 gram of fat, and lots of nutrients.
- Romaine lettuce (as much as you like but serving size in this recipe is based on 3/4 cup, torn up)
- Bananas (as many as you want but 1 large used in this version)
- Lemon juice to taste, 1 tablespoon in this serving
- 100g of Silouhette or other FF, SF yogurt, vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
[x] For your first time trying greens in a drink, I recommend using two bananas and half the lettuce (but then you'll need to up the water quotient or you'll have green mud!).
[x] MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS COLD! This is NOT delicious luke-warm, as I've learned.
[x]I squeezed half a small lemon for my lemon juice.
* If you follow the portions on this recipe, you WILL be able to taste the lettuce slightly. However, it's not bad! It just tastes 'healthy'.
Serving Size: Makes 1 1/2 cup serving!
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user VSTOREVIGILANTE.