- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 350.0
- Total Fat: 9.5 g
- Cholesterol: 68.4 mg
- Sodium: 732.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.5 g
- Protein: 38.5 g
Tosca Reno's Asian Noodle BowlSubmitted by: CAREWARR
IntroductionFrom the EatCleanDiet.com Site:
Not sure what to make for dinner tonight? Try this quick and easy meal from The Eat-Clean Diet® Recharged The great thing about this dish is you can substitute whatever veggies you have on hand. It makes delicious leftovers! From the EatCleanDiet.com Site:
Not sure what to make for dinner tonight? Try this quick and easy meal from The Eat-Clean Diet® Recharged The great thing about this dish is you can substitute whatever veggies you have on hand. It makes delicious leftovers!
• 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
• 2 Tbsp / 30 ml low-sodium soy sauce
• 1 tsp / 5 ml fresh ginger, minced
• 1 clove garlic, passed through a garlic press
• 2 Tbsp / 30 ml rice wine vinegar
• 2 Tbsp / 30 ml toasted sesame oil
• 4 cups / 960 ml low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
• 1 package / 8 oz dry soba noodles or Asian noodles
• 1/2 cup / 120 ml frozen peas
• 2 cups / 480 ml broccoli spears
• 1/4 cup / 60 ml thinly sliced sweet red pepper
• 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
• 4 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
• 4 generous handfuls spinach
• 1/4 cup / 60 ml roasted peanuts, chopped (optional, not included in nutrition)
Add broth and bring to a gentle boil. Continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink – at least 10 minutes.
Add noodles, peas, broccoli and red pepper. Cook until broccoli turns bright green and is tender-crisp. Reduce head and let sit, covered.
Sit in carrot and green onion.
When ready to serve, divide spinach leaves among four bowls at the bottom of each bowl. Ladle soup into each bowl, making sure to divide ingredients as evenly as possible. Garnish with peanuts (if using).
Add bok choy, nappa cabbage, rapini or other greens to this meal to up the nutrient value of this dish!
Serving Size: Makes 4 2 Cup Servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CAREBEAR5218.