- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 270.8
- Total Fat: 6.0 g
- Cholesterol: 130.6 mg
- Sodium: 692.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 30.5 g
Chicken Drumsticks w/ homemade garlic egg noodlesSubmitted by: FANGFACEKITTY
12 chicken drumsticks
1 jar of marinara sauce, about 3 cups
1 TBS basil, dried
1 TBS thyme, dried
2 tsp marjoram, dried
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 large agg
1 tsp garlic, minced (2 cloves)
an eggshell's worth of water
1. Place chicken in crock pot, cover with marinara & dried herbs; cook on low for 7-8 hours
2. Place flour and egg in a small bowl. Fill up the eggshell with water & add to the flour. Add the garlic.
3. Mix by hand until dough is no longer sticky (add tiny amounts of water if too dry, or flour if too wet)
4. Place ball of dough on wax paper & cover with bowl; let sit for 10-15 minutes
5. Cover counter with wax paper, put a few tablespoons of flour on paper. Roll out dough to desired thickness.
6. Roll up dough into a cylinder (like making a jelly roll). Slices into sections and unroll.
7. Cook pasta in boiling water (note it does not take as long as store bought dried pasta, just a few minutes)
8. Remove chicken from crock pot when it is finished cooking. Add noodles to marinara sauce.
9. Serve chicken & pasta; add parmesan or other cheese if desired (note cheese is not included in the nutritional values)
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FANGFACEKITTY.