- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 247.7
- Total Fat: 10.4 g
- Cholesterol: 167.2 mg
- Sodium: 555.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 12.3 g
Mushroom Loaf (Drob de ciuperci)Submitted by: A_YELLOWPENGUIN
- 500g fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 10 - 12 large scallions, thinly chopped, whites & leaves separated
- 30g butter
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch dill weed, chopped
- 4-pepper mix (or black pepper)
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- about 175g flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Lightly grease a 22x22 cm pan.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, then add the whites of the scallions and the mushrooms. Saute, stirring often, until almost all the liquid from the mushrooms is evaporated (about 10 mins). Remove pan from heat and allow to cool.
- Once the mushroom mixture has cooled, add the leaves of the scallions, the parsley, dill weed, and salt & pepper to taste.
- One by one, add the egg yolks and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites until firm, then add them to the mushroom mixture.
- Cream together the sour cream with the egg and salt.
- Slowly add flour, kneading continuously, until you obtain an elastic pie dough. (You may need more or less than the 175g.)
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface, knead, and roll out a thin sheet about 25 cm in diameter.
- Cover the bottom and walls of the pan with the dough, allowing the margins to overflow. Add the mushroom mixture to the pan, then cover with the overflowing dough margins.
- Bake for 30 mins, or until the dough is golden brown.
Can be served warm or cold, as an appetizer, side dish or main dish.
Makes 6 large portions or 8 smaller ones.
Serving Size: Makes 6 generous slices (abt 5x11 cm)
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user A_YELLOWPENGUIN.