Cheese and onion sconesSubmitted by: A_YELLOWPENGUIN
IntroductionRecipe adapted from "400 Best-ever Low Fat & Fat Free Recipes" Recipe adapted from "400 Best-ever Low Fat & Fat Free Recipes"
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 75 g feta cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup skimmed milk, plus extra for glazing
- cayene pepper
- 4-pepper mix
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Crumble the feta cheese and rub it into the dry ingredients. Stir in the onion, then add the milk and mix to a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead lightly until smooth. Roll out to a 2 cm thick square and cut into 9 scones.
- Transfer scones to a non stick backing sheet. Brush with milk, then sprinkle with pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bake for 15 mins, or until golden brown.
Serving Size: Makes 9 scones
Number of Servings: 9
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user A_YELLOWPENGUIN.