- Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 338.7
- Total Fat: 14.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 9.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
Quinoa Salad with Mangoes and Curry DressingSubmitted by: ADVENTURE-GIRL
Quinoa Salad Ingredients:
- 1 1/3 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 2 large mangoes, cubed
- 1 jalapeño chili, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, white and 1 " of the green parts sliced
- 1/2 cup curry vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (optional) not included in calories
Curry Dressing (makes about 1/2 cup)
-1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt or plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons light olive or sunflower seed oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
Bring 3 cups of water to boil and add 1/2 tsp of salt and the quinoa, lower the heat, cover and simmer until the quinoa is tender (12-15 minutes). Drain. Toss all of the ingredients together with the drained quinoa except for the almonds, add those just before serving.
Place all ingredients, except the cilantro into a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake vigorously until thoroughly combined. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and taste. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
Serving Size: 5 (1 cup) servings.
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ADVENTURE-GIRL.