- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 48.7
- Total Fat: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 1,352.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
Spicy Sweet Brussel Sprout SauceSubmitted by: KEEPITMOVIN_H2O
IntroductionGreat way to spice up those brussel sprouts! A sweet asian-like sauce with a kick adds great character to a somewhat boring vegetable :) Great way to spice up those brussel sprouts! A sweet asian-like sauce with a kick adds great character to a somewhat boring vegetable :)
2 tbsp soy sauce (can use low sodium if desired)
2 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp sugar free syrup
1/2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp brown sugar (can use sugar substitute)
dash of black pepper
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp chili flakes*
1 tbsp white whole wheat flour
3 tbsp warm water
*If not a fan of super spicy things, start out with 1/8 tsp and work your way up until desired level of heat is reached.
2. Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, syrup, sugar, oil, and pepper.
3. Drain sprouts.
4. In greased saucepan (cooking spray works fine), when hot, add ginger and chili flakes. Stir.
5. Add soy sauce mixture and brussel sprouts. Coat well. Cook until desired texture is reached (approximately 3-5 minutes).
6. Remove sprouts. Whisk flour and warm water together and add to saucepan, using whisk to stir. Make sure there are no clumps. Leave on low heat until thickened (approximately 3-5 minutes).
7. Use about 1 tbsp of sauce per 8 brussel sprouts. Can dip or pour over top.
*Great served with brown rice or grilled chicken!
Serving Size: About 4 tbsp - enough for 24-32 sprouts.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KEEPITMOVIN_H2O.