Pan de MuertosSubmitted by: JVILLA
IntroductionThis is a traditional bread for Los Dias de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) This is a traditional bread for Los Dias de los Muertos (Day of the Dead)
* Una taza y media de harina - 1 1/2 cups of flour
* Media taza da azĂșcar - 1/2 cup of sugar
* Una cucharadita de sal - 1 teaspoon of salt
* Una cucharada de semillas de anĂs - 1 tablespoon of anise seed
* Dos paquetitos de levadura - 2 packets of dry yeast
* Media taza de leche - 1/2 cup of milk
* Media taza de agua - 1/2 cup of water
* Media taza de mantequilla - 1/2 cup of butter
* Cuatro huevos - 4 eggs
* Entre tres y cuatro y media tazas de harina - from 3 - 4 1/2 cups of flour
In a small pan, heat the milk, the water, and the butter. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture.
Mix in the eggs and 1 1/2 cups of flour. Beat well.
Put in the rest of the flour, little by little.
Knead the mixture on a floured board for 9 - 10 minutes.
Put the dough in a greased bowl and allow it to rise until it has doubled in size (about an hour and a half at sea level).
Punch the dough down and reshape it with some "bone" shapes on top to decorate it.
Let it rise another hour.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 40 minutes.
After baking, sprinkle it with confectioner's sugar and colored sugar.
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JVILLA.