- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 263.9
- Total Fat: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 66.7 mg
- Sodium: 225.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 32.9 g
Chicken Satay Skewers with Mango RelishSubmitted by: FAMILY_RECIPES
1/3 cup satay sauce (such as Thai Kitchen)
4 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 pounds chicken tenders
1 bunch scallions
3 large ripe, mangoes, peeled and flesh cut into 1/4-inch cubes
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2. Combine satay sauce, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
3. Thread tenders onto skewers; brush each with satay sauce. Grill skewers for 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Grill scallions for last 3 minutes of cook time.
4. Meanwhile, stir together remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, mangoes, red onion and vegetable oil in a bowl.
5. Remove chicken and scallions from grill and thinly slice scallions. Stir half of scallions into mango relish and sprinkle remaining half over meat. Serve skewers with relish.
6. Broiler Method: Heat broiler. Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray. Brush chicken with sauce; broil 5 minutes per side. Broil scallions for final 3 minutes of cook time. Proceed from Step 4 above.
Serving Size: Makes 6 servings
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FAMILY_RECIPES.