Apple ButterSubmitted by: JKAPLAN86
* Apples, fresh, 5 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per l (remove)
* *Mott's Apple Juice, 4 oz (remove)
* Granulated Sugar, 6 tsp (remove)
* Granulated Sugar, 2 tsp (remove)
* Cinnamon, ground, .5 tsp (remove)
* Cloves, ground, .0833 tsp (remove)
* Allspice, .0417 tsp (remove)
Add applesauce, sugar and spices to crockpot or slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-12 hours. Add more sugar if necessary. If too thin, cook longer. If too thick, add more applejuice.
Makes about 22 1 Tbsp servings
Number of Servings: 22
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JKAPLAN86.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Cloves are put in whole...you have to remove them when you're done cooking. Sort of like if you put a cinnamon stick or bay leaf in something, you have to take it out. It is just to flavor, not to eat. Although it looks like the author changed the recipe for you.. - 12/6/08
Reply from JKAPLAN86 (12/18/08)
For this recipe, whole cloves were not used. Ground cloves were used, which can be bought the same way ground cinnamon or ground nutmeg can be.