Insalata PanzanellaSubmitted by: THEHEALTHYCHEF
1/2 whole english cucumber
3 leaves fresh basil
1 tbsp red onion - slivered
1/2 whole red pepper - roasted
10 pitted black olives
1 tbsp capers
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 cup fresh ciabatta bread - cubed
2. Rough chop basil and add to bowl.
3. Sliver red onion and add to bowl. Slice as thin as possible so that it almost disappears into the mixture.
4. Chop peppers and add to salad along with olives and capers.
5. Pour vinegar and oil over mixture and stir.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add fresh bread closer to service.
8 To serve, line a platter with romaine leaves and pour salad across the top, serve immediately.
Serving Size: 4
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user THEHEALTHYCHEF.