- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 131.8
- Total Fat: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 1.9 mg
- Sodium: 22.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
Caramelized Pears with Toasted Almonds and Yogurt
This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionNot only will this taste yummy, but it is a gorgeous presentation as well. You'll impress everyone! Not only will this taste yummy, but it is a gorgeous presentation as well. You'll impress everyone!
- 3 ripe pears, scrubbed, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unblanched almonds, sliced
- 1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
2. Arrange the pears in a shallow, flameproof dish in concentric circles, slightly overlapping each other. Sprinkle with the brown sugar.
3. Broil until the brown sugar has carmelized and pears begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with the almonds and broil for about 1 minute or until almonds turn golden.
5. Serve warm, topping each serving with a dollop of vanilla yogurt.
Reprinted with permission by Public Health – Seattle & King County