- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 483.3
- Total Fat: 15.2 g
- Cholesterol: 112.0 mg
- Sodium: 1,004.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.8 g
- Protein: 31.1 g
Jean's Chicken CasseroleSubmitted by: JMPALES
IntroductionMy mom got this recipe from a relative and made minor changes. I got the recipe and put my own spin on it. My mom got this recipe from a relative and made minor changes. I got the recipe and put my own spin on it.
Chicken Breast, 2 pounds
3 (24 ounces) cups chicken broth, divided
Noodles, dry, wide or extra wide, curly
Can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
Milk, non-fat, enough to fill 1 soup can
Martin's Potato Bread Cubes, 12 ounce bag
Butter, 1 stick
2. Set aside 3 cups broth from stewing. Divide into 2 (1 1/2 cup each). Use remaining broth to cook noodles.
3. Cook noodles in remaining broth. Add enough water to cook noodles. Spray casserole dish with cooking spray. Place cooked noodles in bottom of casserole.
4. Mix together soup, milk, and 1 1/2 cups broth.
5. Spread out 1/2 of the chicken on top of the noodles.
6. Pour 1/2 soup mixture over the chicken/noodle mixture.
7. Spread remaining chicken on top.
8. Pour remaining soup mixture on top.
9. Melt butter in remaining 1 1/2 cups broth. Add in bread cubes, mixing to ensure bread cubes soak up broth/butter mixture.
10. Cover casserole with tinfoil. I spray tinfoil with cooking spray.
11. Bake in an oven preheated to 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.
12. Remove tinfoil. Rotate cassrole. Bake additional 30 mintues.
13. Let rest 5 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 10 servings.
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JMPALES.