- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 248.5
- Total Fat: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 37.9 mg
- Sodium: 406.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 18.4 g
Trish & Derrick's Awesumtastic Mexican CasseroleSubmitted by: ICANDOTHISTRISH
IntroductionFull of fiber, LOW fat, Low calorie and FULL of vegetables, could DEFINITELY be a Vegetarian Casserole without chicken! Full of fiber, LOW fat, Low calorie and FULL of vegetables, could DEFINITELY be a Vegetarian Casserole without chicken!
14 Mission White Corn Tortillas
1lb. Chicken Breast (Boiled, cooled and shredded) (Optional for vegetarians)
1can El pato sauce, 7 oz
1can Del Monte Diced Tomatoes with Zesty Mild Green Chiles
1 Jalapeño Peppers
1 Whole Onions, raw, Medium sized, cut in 1/2
1/2tsp Chili Powder - Mexican Style
1/2tsp Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle
1can Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn, no salt added (rinsed & drained)
1can Del Monte White Corn (rinsed & drained)
1/2cup Borden 2% Milk Four Cheese Mexican shredded cheese (Optional for Vegetarians)
8 Lindsay Large Black Olives, 2 serving (Sliced)
(*Optional Topping*: Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt for more protein)
2. Dip 3 corn tortillas into the pureed mix and lay on the bottom of the casserole dish. First layer is Yellow Sweet Corn.
3. Now start breaking the corn tortillas in 1/2 on this layer. Dip each 1/2 into the pureed mix and lay on top of yellow corn layer, facing same direction until the layer is covered.
4. Take the shredded chicken and add a few tablespoons of the pureed mix to it and coat the chicken well, this will be your second layer on top of the tortillas.
5. Repeat again with another layer of dipped 1/2 tortillas.
6. Add the layer of White Corn. Layer again with the rest of the tortillas. Pour the remainder of the pureed mix on top of the casserole, spread evenly.
7. Sprinkle 1/2cup of cheese and sliced black olives evenly across the top. Bake for 60 mins, uncovered for a crunchy top, covered for gooey top. Let sit for 5-10mins before serving to allow ample time for cooling.
Serving Size: Make in a Small Rectangular Casserole Dish, cut into 8 equal squares.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ICANDOTHISTRISH.