- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 427.2
- Total Fat: 16.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 274.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 10.6 g
- Protein: 13.5 g
Quinoa Picnic Salad (Vegan)Submitted by: SEAWAVE
IntroductionA great carry-along salad for work or picnics. Just multiply ingredients for number of people being served (or for planned leftovers!) A great carry-along salad for work or picnics. Just multiply ingredients for number of people being served (or for planned leftovers!)
1/2 cup quinoa, not cooked
1.5 cups water (or other liquid)
(or 1 cup cooked quinoa)
1/2 cup kidney beans
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup onions, chopped (or to taste)
3 cups Romaine salad mixed greens
1 clove garlic
2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2. Place quinoa in saucepan over medium heat. Cook 10-15 mins, or until quinoa turns golden brown (it will pop as it turns golden brown).
3. Add the water to the saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover, cooking 10-15 mins or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand 3-5 mins.
4. Mix the quinoa and the rest of the salad ingredients, except the greens, in a large bowl.
5. Process dressing in a blender or a food processor.
6. Pour dressing over the salad. You can let it marinate a few hours or mix with greens and enjoy immediately!
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SEAWAVE.