Vegan Brownie PuddingSubmitted by: ANTIOCHIA
IntroductionLess than 1 gram fat per serving! Less than 1 gram fat per serving!
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa (unsweetened)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa (unsweetened)
1-1/2 cup boiling water or very hot coffee
2. In a small to medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Then add the 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water and teaspoon of vanilla. Stir until just mixed and spoon into an 8" X 8" UNGREASED baking pan (I prefer pyrex).
3. In another small bowl throughly mix together the 3/4 cup sugar and the 1/4 cup cocoa. Evenly spread the sugar/cocoa mixture on top of the batter in the pan.
4. GENTLY pour the boiling water (or hot coffee) on top of everything in the pan -- hold a spoon over the batter in the pan and gently pour the hot liquid onto the spoon so that it flows over the edges of the spoon onto the batter. Completely cover the sugar mixture with the hot water or coffee. DO NOT STIR. Immediately place pan into the preheated oven.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. When you remove from the oven this will have a cake layer on top of a luscious fudge sauce.
6. If baked in the 8'" x 8" pan you can make 9 servings by cutting twice in one direction and then the other (like tic-tac-toe)
7.Serve warm or room temperature in individual dessert dishes. (If this pudding is chilled, the cake layer becomes too stiff, so warm the leftovers in the microwave briefly before serving.)
Number of Servings: 9
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANTIOCHIA.