Chicken Pot PieSubmitted by: PANAMA_2686
IntroductionRelatively quick and easy to make. My boyfriend hates left overs and he will eat these left overs for days. Relatively quick and easy to make. My boyfriend hates left overs and he will eat these left overs for days.
1-8oz fat free plain greek yogurt (you can use more or less if you like)
1-can of cream of chicken and mushroom
1-can of cut green beans (or whatever fresh/canned veggies you want to add)
3 boneless skinless chicken breast (again the quantity can be adjusted to whatever you like
2 Pie crusts (one for the bottom and one for the top)
-- Follow prep instructions from the box for the pie crusts
2. Boil chicken with whatever ingredients you would like to add (so the chicken itself has flavor). Once it's done and easily shredded take out of the water, let it cool then shred the chicken.
3. In another pan cook the cream of chicken and mushroom and add the Greek yogurt. Add .5 cup of water (use what you used to cook the chicken to add more flavor)
4. Season to your like - I added italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
5. Once the cream of chicken mix has more of a runny creamy consistency add the chicken and whatever veggies you'd like.
6. Lay one pie crust along the bottom of your pie pan, pour in your mixture and lay over the other pie crust on the top. Fold in the edges of the top crust under the edges of the bottom crust.
7. Bake about 30 minutes. Keep an eye on the top crust to make sure it doesn't overcook (I use a toaster oven so my timing as well as heating may be a little off)
Serving Size: Makes about 6 2 inch pieces
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PANAMA_2686.